Welcome back!

6/28/2010 10:35:00 PM | 0 comments »


Welcome back...

  • mornings stirred awake by the sound of strong rains.
  • mornings waiting ... waiting ... waiting for a break to quick rush it over to the office.
  • being sooo close to the office doors thinking I've made it ... just when the skies open up and dump wet all over me.
  • laughing and smiling at the hallway decor of umbrellas left open to dry out.
  • shivering cold in the office thinking -- oh, I really should leave a change of clothes here.
  • clothes drying out just in time for the afternoon downpour -- also known as ... the walk home.
  • slipping and sliding because I really should get better flip flops to wear in the rain.
  • uselessly holding an umbrella because the rains fly sideways at every which angle. No matter what I'm wet.
  • knowing this and yet still buying an umbrella at the closest store because I forgot mine ... at home, in the office, in the taxi...
  • having to laugh at myself when inevitably my umbrella flips out and almost takes me with it.
  • beautiful, powerful storms -- skies electric and sounds rhythmic and rumbling.
  • cool, breezy nights.
  • gorgeous after-storm skies.
Today was the first REAL rainy season day that I've seen this year.
It was glorious!
It was beautiful and breezy. The lightning was bright and brilliant. The thunder was roaring.
I watched as it moved across the city -- the sky was cleared up in front of me and just down a ways, the storm raged on.

It was beautifully romantic.

Likely I felt this way because I worked from home today (nursing what was lingering of some ear pains).
I watched it from my 16th floor unit with the windows open, breezes playing my wind chimes and the storm being accompanied by my iPod playing a mix of classical songs.

Perhaps it was best way to spend my first rainy season day of the year.
Now as I walk to work with soggy pants, I can think back to this day and find the beauty in the season.

0 comments