Up Late...

6/09/2010 01:07:00 AM | 1 comments »

...don't know why.

This actually happens a lot.
I'm sitting with my computer on my lap doing one thing or another.
(Tonight it's been taxes and emails).
The TV is on in the background and all of a sudden... it goes to static.
And that tells me it's waaaaay past my bedtime.

So I've been sitting here with static on the screen for probably the past hour.
Been thinking today about the people who give leadership to the organization I'm a part of and those that I serve in my work.

Wow.

When I think about many of these people I think...
incredible experiences.
impressive minds.
dedicated.
passionate.
driven.
powerful.
influential.
wise.
humble.
committed.
servant-hearted.
visionary.

And I think about all things that they frequently have to deal with...
the responsibilities.
the hard, hard decisions.
the people.
the stress.
the misunderstandings.
the never-ending demands.
the unknowns.
the temptations.

And that on top of all those things, there are their own personal struggles within and those hardships in their own lives and in the lives of those they love.

I want to be more appreciative, more affirming, more prayerful, more mindful of those people that God has chosen to serve as leaders (whether in role, position, influence, whatever...).

1 comments

  1. Lisa // June 10, 2010 at 11:40 PM  

    Great thoughts, thanks.