Sweet Surprises

6/26/2010 10:12:00 PM | 0 comments »

This week there were some sweet surprises...

Finished
Okay, I confess. I haven't been following the World Cup. I do know that it's been going on. As a matter of fact, I've been collecting the glasses. Yup! McDonald's has a collector's set of World Cup glasses.
While I was gone last week I had wondered if the promo would still be happening when I returned. When we lunched at McDonald's one afternoon I was able to get the rest of the glasses that I needed to complete the set with the purchase of just ONE meal. Yay! I was relieved because that was the 3rd day in a row that I ordered from the golden arches. Whew!



Driving Day
On my list of things I wanted to do before my birthday.
DRIVE IN MANILA.
Check. Done.
One day this week one of my friends at work asked if I'd be interested in going grocery shopping after work -- and if I might want to check out the company car AND drive us. Well, I had actually had that very thing in mind to do. So, her initiating was the push to actually do it. After work I took out the Crosswind for the very first time. It was fun to be driving again. And even nicer to have my very own cheering section while doing it.

Guarded
The night I went out driving I had a few challenges in parking lots -- getting out of parking lots, a car alarm that wouldn't shut off, and a trunk full of BOXED groceries (Wednesdays the grocery store tries to do its part for the environment and doesn't bag using plastic bags). With each challenge security guards came to the rescue. All night long the guards displayed incredible amounts of patience, grace and generous helpfulness. Sooo wonderful!


Musical Theater
I miss going to plays and other live art performances. One evening this week (Tuesday) I was at home searching online for local performances of anything. I really wanted to go see something. Came up with nothing.
The very next day out of the blue a friend at work said, "Did you know that they're showing Legally Blonde at the Meralco Theater?" The next night she told me she was able to get my name on a list for the show. What I didn't know was that it was opening night so it was an energy-filled night (And the leading actress's celebrity boyfriend was sitting just a row behind us in the next section!) The whole evening was fun and a huge blessing. I couldn't believe the timing of it all. It was a sweet, sweet, sweet surprise!


Dr. Generous
I woke up on Wednesday with an earache. Thursday (Legally Blonde night) it was fine - gone. Friday it hurt worse than it had on Wednesday. So, I decided to go to the clinic. The first sweet surprise was that I was first in line to see the ENT doctor. So my wait was a total of 30 minutes -- and that's because I arrived 30 minutes before the doctors do. Whoa! That never happens!!! He checked me out and said everything looked okay -- my ears were very irritated, but he didn't see any infection. He wanted me to take drops to reduce the swelling and prevent any possible infection. He wrote up the prescription, went to a cabinet and pulled out a box. "Here, so you don't have to spend money on the prescription. This should be enough for the 5 days."

WOW! Nice. I wasn't expecting that AT ALL.


2 for 100 pesos
Picked up this VCD in the 2 for 100 pesos pile at the video store in the mall.
I hadn't heard of it before. But, reading the blurb on the back I thought it would be worth the 50 pesos.
It was definitely worth it. I would be willing to pay more for it.
Great movie.

One last one...



Chunky Choco Mocha
I went in to the Mini Stop to pick up some snacks for the guards who helped me out at the parking lot at my place. Walking by the freezer case I saw this LIMITED EDITION ice cream flavor. Hopefully it is not TOO limited, it is YUMMY!!!!

Chocolate layers. Chocolate chips. Crushed cashews. Peanuts. Mocha ice cream.

0 comments