Monday Mix of Random

6/07/2010 08:04:00 PM | 0 comments »

Happy Monday, friends.
Here's probably the most random mix of random thoughts... Hehehe!

Love it / Hate it.
My love / hate relationship with technology and social media rages on.
It frustrates me at times how incredibly dependent I am on my computer. My computer has been in the shop for the past month. I'm surviving -- mostly because I was provided a loaner laptop to use. But even still -- it's not my computer so it's unfamiliar, uncomfortable and inconvenient at times and it makes my work a little bit stunted. A sign, I think, that I'm overly dependent on technology. :)

And social media -- a few weeks ago I realized that I had a very unhealthy relationship with FB. Okay -- Addicted and too easily effected by what I was reading. You get the picture. So I've cut back. I think it's helped. But the thing I love about FB and other social media is staying connected. So I miss that. Finding the balance. Meantime -- continuing to love Skype and being able to see and talk to those I love.

Makes Me Want to Dance!
Oh how I love music that makes me want to dance.
That's all.
Love it!
Still on my list of things I want to learn.

Grateful
The past two weeks I've been working with a group of colleagues developing how they present their work to the public. I continue to be amazed at the opportunities that I get to work with incredibly passionate and wise people. To be part of a work that truly desires to see people and communities restored to wholeness is really a blessing. And I'm grateful that this truly is God's work. There's something in remembering that fact that brings a sense of peace and confidence -- even when I don't feel all that confident in myself. I feel God worked with us in the process -- grateful for the wisdom, the direction, and the inspired thinking.

Church
I miss my churches in PA and FL. I miss being a part of a church community. I miss being a part of a family of believers. I miss experiencing worship with people I know -- standing beside someone I know and singing praises together, receiving communion from a familiar face, talking with friends about what we heard in the message... living and serving together. While I still am looking for that here in Manila, I'm so thankful for Northland's online worship -- that has been SUCH a blessing.

Out of Tune

My guitar has sat in its bag for months. I pulled it out this past month to continue once again my pursuit to learn to play guitar. It's horribly out of tune. Working on tuning it...still. :)

Pizza Hut Misses Me
I'm sure Pizza Hut is missing me. It's been a long, long time since I've called them. Hehehe. Since I've been home for more than a month I've actually gone grocery shopping and have regularly prepared my own food. [GASP!] The fast food delivery industry has experienced a significant decline in their income this month.

There's Always Something
I have done a TERRIBLE job keeping my ministry partners updated on all that has happened this past month. It was a priority to get a newsletter out this past month. I haven't. I was also planning on taking one day as a personal day to get away, spend time in prayer, read. I haven't. There's always something that seems to get in the way of these two things -- that are important to me -- from happening. So, when I get back from my trip I plan to take my day-away and to get my newsletter out. REALLY.

My Love Flower
My love flower has returned!!! Walking to work one morning last week I looked down and was pleasantly surprised to see a little splash of pink. What a sweet, sweet gift!! It's not the same flower that grew there last year, but still... a beautifully, sweet expression to me of my Father's love.

Leaving...
Next week I leave for a quick trip. It's been a while since I've traveled, so I'm looking
forward to packing up and heading out. Less than a week in S. Asia -- a place I've heard much about and looking forward to seeing myself!

And... to my Wycliffe friends in Orlando... HAPPY DELEGATE'S CONFERENCE! Praying for all the energy, strength and joy as you serve all the delegates and the organization in this upcoming week. Have a great one!!!!

0 comments