Day Two

6/16/2010 09:00:00 PM | 0 comments »

End of Day Two of Four.

My co-worker, Oliver, and I are here in South Asia working with colleagues on their web development. Oliver’s training one of their IT guys on how to use Drupal to build their site.
Mostly I’ve just been watching, listening in and working on my own stuff while they work on theirs.

Basically I’m here to give input when it comes to website flow and content development. Not much of that has been happening so far. They’ve been having too much fun conquering techy challenges.

Tomorrow another colleague, who's been sick, will be able to join us. The two of us will likely sit and talk specifically about these two areas while they continue conquering the world of Drupal.

I’ve been keeping myself plenty busy. I’ve been continuing to work on some ideas regarding their web content. I’ve been working on some email (fun… emailing offline and then doing quick send/receives when I can steal the USB network stick from one of them to connect) and taking care of some other work responsibilities.

These meetings haven’t been too much. They're not like other meetings when I have been constantly “on” – mentally and physically. And yesterday (unlike most times when I’m gone for meetings) we went out and actually got to see some of the city (we went on a boat tour!)

So, this week’s meetings don’t feel as demanding as others, but for some reason --- today I’m so tired!
I’m just exhausted. Physically mostly. I’ve been sleeping okay – except for last night when I had to get up at 2:30 AM to reapply “OFF” as I was being attacked by mosquitoes.

Maybe it’s not so much this week but more the culmination of the last couple of weeks when I had been “on” physically and mentally. I’ve learned that as a high introvert, meetings that I help to lead tend to extremely wear me out. So, maybe it’s that -- who knows?

Anyway, (especially as we’ll start getting more into content and other “non-techy” stuff tomorrow, :)) I’m praying for more physical and mental energy so that I would do my job with excellence and serve my colleagues well. Would appreciate your prayers as well!

0 comments