Comfort in Sickness

3/12/2009 08:04:00 PM | 0 comments »

This week I had my first cold/flu here in Manila. I’m a pretty miserable sick person. I like to whine, whimper and just curl up in bed (or on the couch in front of the TV :)). I wasn’t pleased that I had gotten sick. I had a good weekend and a great Sunday. I came home Sunday evening and was already not feeling well. Monday I went to work which was a waste of a day. I came home and slept all Monday evening, night and through most of Tuesday.

After I called in sick with work on Tuesday morning, I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up to the ding-dong of my doorbell. There at my door were my co-workers, Dawn and Ann, armed with food for lunch and juice for Vitamin C replenishment! Incredible!!! We enjoyed lunch together and I was so grateful for their thoughtfulness!! And even this morning, Carolyn stopped by my place to check on how I was doing.

I have had discussions before with friends how when living by yourself, you can sometimes wonder how long it could be before someone realizes that you might be lying ill at home or something worse. It was comforting to know that there are people who are watching out for me.

0 comments