Texting Like the Pros

3/03/2009 06:00:00 PM | 0 comments »

I got to have coffee with a friend today. I enjoyed the time to chat and, as I find myself often doing these days, gleaned whatever I could from her.

There are men and women here who have years and years of experience living cross-culturally in the Philippines, or have lived in other parts of the world involved with this organization.

Anything. Everything. I find so much many have to share to be so valuable.

Today’s lesson of value, among many things we talked about, texting -- using predictive text.

Yes, I know some of you are thinking, “Come on, Aileen. You had to have known about that!”

No… really, I didn’t. I rarely used text messaging at home in the States. It has only been since I’ve gotten here that I’ve used texting with any consistency. Texting is by far the most common way to communicate here in the Philippines. The speed at which people text is unbelievable! Maybe one day I will be as good.

Now that I know about predictive text, I might have a shot at that goal.

0 comments