Feeling a little...

3/07/2009 12:49:00 PM | 0 comments »

DISCONNECTED.

It's been a great, fun week. I've been so thankful at the incredible ways that God has just sweetly blessed me and has perfectly provided for so many things -- even the tiniest of things.

With all of the activity from the last couple of weeks I'm feeling a little disconnected. From my family, from friends... from myself and from God even.

I moved into my apartment this week. YAY!!!
I am so incredibly excited to be there. (I'll post soon on how it all happened).
But, my apartment has no internet (yet).
So, I haven't been able to Skype or facebook with any regularity.
This week I missed my cousins' birthdays. My cousin's baby shower is this weekend -- and I'm not there. I haven't talked to my family in a while. Disconnected.

Last night I was able to have a fun evening out with some women from work. We went to go watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic." It was a fun movie and a fun time with the girls. But even something as simple as seeing winter wardrobe made me feel far away and disconnected from home. Disconnected.

I wouldn't really say that I'm feeling "homesick." I'm just feeling a little disconnected. Disconnected.

The place where I live has a beautiful pool area with courtyard areas surrounding it with wonderful little gazebos, patches of green grass, trees and flowers. I'm looking forward to spending some time out there tonight or tomorrow morning armed with my journal, my Bible and my iPod.

Hopefully I get the internet situation squared away soon. If not, I'll try my best to come to the office early so that I can update this blog, Skype and Facebook. :)

0 comments