There are so many things that I have been challenged with over the past two weeks.

As I have sat and participated in the spiritual retreat with colleagues from one of our national partner organizations, I have been blessed, blessed, blessed, by their example.

I feel like God has shown me so much through them and I hope that I can apply and truly GROW from these experiences.

PRAYING TOGETHER
This community is QUICK to pray together. I so appreciated that!

As one shared a testimony about their baby girl, in an instant one of the leaders was standing beside him calling up the wife and child and fellow colleagues lifting up the baby in prayer. As another individual shared during a devotional time, he expressed the struggle against worry and anxiety. Again, someone stood beside him in prayer.

So many times during the two weeks there seemed to be opportunities to trust one person or situation to the Lord -- and it was so encouraging and challenging to me to see them QUICK to move to prayer.

One of my last nights there one of the staff asked everyone to gather at the main hall. As we gathered outside each one was given a candle. Inside music was playing,

"Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, deceived and poor
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world"
One of the leaders stood on the steps, each one walking by taking the flame from his candle to their own. We entered into the darkness ... with our light. On the floor of the hall was the outline of the nation, now lit as each one staked claim over it with their candle.

The group circled around and holding each others' hands, prayed in unison for the country.
"NO MORE DARKNESS. HOPE. VICTORY. BROKEN CHAINS. TRANSFORMED LIVES. YOUR WORD. YOUR GLORY. USE US. LIGHT."
As the voices hushed, the group sang,
"Shine Jesus shine, fill this land with the Father's glory blaze spirit blaze set out hearts on fire..."
Committed to prayer.
Passionate in it.

0 comments