Loving God Out of Doors

4/09/2010 07:58:00 PM | 0 comments »

"Jesus knew that God is our caregiver, but creation can be the warm blanket that God uses to wrap our cold hearts." - Gary Thomas, "Sacred Pathways"

I love being outside. I find that being under a tree, sitting in the grass, watching the sun, hearing water... all of these things help bring rest to my mind and soul and draw me closer to the Lord. It helps to open my heart and mind to hear from Him.

I have missed that A LOT in the time that I've lived here.
In Gainesville I had ... the whole UF campus! ... and The Thomas Center!!
In Orlando I had Leu Gardens, Lake Eola, Disney's boardwalk, ... Disney!
In Pennsylvania I had Bucks County Community College, Core Creek Park, Tyler Park, ... my backyard!

So far I haven't found spots here that are "THAT" place to go.

Today I went to a park in Quezon City to check it out.
It isn't quite "that" place, but I am thankful for the day I had there today.

A shady spot under a tree.
Sitting by the water with the sun making it shimmer.
Kids skipping rocks.
A nice consistent breeze keeping it cool enough to stay outside.
My journal, some notes, my Bible, my iPod ... and a big bottle of water.
A great day...

0 comments