There is much to learn from great leaders.
The greatest joy for me is learning from their example.

The first day of the retreat, one of the leaders set the stage for the rest of the week. Basically he shared about the heart of the organization.

Knowing the struggles and difficult circumstances that they have faced -- individually and corporately -- I was inspired by the words of commitment. Even when it "cost" them much.
Their example of such commitment and perseverance is amazing. They are beautiful models of humility.

As he spoke, he challenged us with words about love, humility, loyalty, submission...

And then he served the people in that manner -- with love, humility, loyalty and submission -- he and his wife came before each person and washed their feet.

The most beautiful thing to me about that moment was the incredible sincerity and genuineness about it. As I watched the husband and wife kneel before each person gathered, I saw them serve them with love and compassion. They prayed for them -- the kinds of prayers that are lined with passion and a sense of knowing the deep things to pray over. Real. Genuine. Heart-felt. Sincere.

I saw the tears of the people as they were loved on. I don't know what each one was thinking... maybe like me, they felt absolutely humbled and undeserving of such an act of love ... yet at the same time, filled with such an amazing touch of grace and love that was flooding over me.

I felt grateful. I felt honored. I felt humbled. I felt awed. I felt Jesus.

And there on that first day... blessed. Absolutely blessed.

0 comments