One of the things I was concerned about in anticipating this trip, was feeling emotionally torn.
I left my parents at the airport in Manila the day I left for the retreat. Saying goodbye to them after a great visit -- I boarded the plane for S. Asia and they boarded theirs for the States (with Jason Castro from American Idol!!!).

I was worried about how I'd feel emotionally during my time away.

But, it was hard to feel homesick while I was at the retreat.
One of the things I enjoyed about my time there was being surrounded by families and being a part of a group that felt like a family.

I enjoyed watching them work together, play together, eat together, and serve each other.

People took care of others' kids as if they were their own. As a matter of fact, I had to mentally keep track of which kids belonged with which parents because more often than not someone else was holding them.
And I loved that!

I loved hearing the kids run around and laugh. I loved watching them worship together -- in work, in play, in prayer. I loved watching the group interact and laugh with each other.

I loved feeling welcomed and a part of things while together with them.

0 comments