Hello again...

4/04/2010 10:59:00 PM | 0 comments »

Yes, it's been over a month.
And much has happened!

I'll be revisiting the last several weeks over some time. Blogging about what's happened is good for me. :)

Today for example...
the day that started last night around 11:16 PM.

11:16 PM
Got picked up for my ride to the airport

4:30 AM ish
Arrived at the airport for my 10:30 AM flight.
The nice ticketing agent was so sympathetic... "Oh, ma'am... you're so early... I'm sorry.

Spent the morning listening to my "Easter Playlist," sipping on lychee iced tea, writing out some random thoughts, and napping here and there.

10:00 AM ish
Flight begins boarding.

11:20 AM ish
Still sitting waiting ... something is wrong with the starter. Engineers are checking into it.

12ish
Captain announces that the plane is grounded. Another plane is getting ready for us and a shuttle is coming to pick us up.

Shuttle arrives.

HILARIOUSLY, we pile into the shuttle bus and the bus doors won't close AND the shuttle struggles to get started. HAHAHA!! I was glad to see that other passengers still had enough humor in them to laugh at the situation too. Hehehe. :)

12:15ish
I'm back in my 17C seat

12:45ish
Get myself some lunch... I'm hungry!

1:50ish
Bags are already coming around on the baggage carousel.

2:30ish
Taxi picks me up -- and I'm on my way!

I was very happy when I arrived at the house where I'm staying.
I was feeling pretty tired -- just ready to rest.
I felt like it was such a long delay, but in reality -- the airline moved pretty quickly, and thankfully we didn't take off on a broken plane!

I think of all my colleagues around the world who travel constantly.
They travel by plane, train, bus, boat... in cities, in villages, in places unknown to most of us.

Some friends I met here will be doing a lot of travel this month -- two adults and a sweet, sweet little baby. From one destination to the other may take up to a week alone!

Oh, to always choose to look at things in perspective.

I heard a story the other week about a family, stuck in the middle of nowhere, on a broken bus. And the family -- in those circumstances -- sang songs about JESUS. To one woman on that bus they exhibited such PEACE and CONTENTMENT. Created in that woman was a longing for THAT.

I want to be that family. :)

0 comments