Getting ready...

11/06/2009 11:04:00 PM | 0 comments »

to say goodbye.

I'm finishing up my stay here.
In a little over 24 hours I'll be heading back to the airport to take off for my next destination in South Asia.

I've had a great week here.

While I love going to new places, meeting new people and enjoying new experiences, I do find it difficult -- the constant leaving of places. It's almost like I'm distributing myself ... leaving bits and pieces of me along the way. It's kind of a weird feeling spending so much concentrated time in a place with people... and then just up and leaving. When will I come back again? Will I come back again?

I look back at my week here and am grateful for all I got to experience.
I have felt so welcomed and have enjoyed so much getting to know the people here. I have loved their warm hospitality and friendship. I loved getting to "talk" with the kids -- even as they laughed at me trying to learn words in their languages. :)
I absolutely LOVED the weather!! It was so wonderful being able to sit outside in the cool temperatures to enjoy morning and afternoon tea time. I loved walking home at night and looking up in the sky and actually seeing stars.
OH! AND I LOVED THE FOOD!!! While I've had this kind of cuisine stateside, it's totally different experiencing it here.

So much about this trip I've really enjoyed. The greatest joy has been the privilege of meeting men and women from around this nation who are passionate about God...and people. Totally committed. :) I love the thought that now when I'm in Manila, or in PA... I can think and pray for my brothers and sisters in this country... and have faces, names, stories -- flesh, blood and hearts in mind.

So yes, it is difficult going from place to place. It is difficult to feel so distributed at times... but I am thankful that I get to do it. Each time I leave a place, I get to take the experiences and the people with me.

... and hopefully I'm just saying goodbye to this place... for now.

0 comments