Time to Process

11/18/2009 12:19:00 AM | 0 comments »

Me. My iPod (set to the "As the Deer" Genius playlist). My journal. My Bible. My Lord.

The setting? The Cheesecake, etc. restaurant in The Podium -- dressed up for the Christmas season!

After trips I usually need about a day to mentally and emotionally process my time away. I need concentrated time to think back at what happened, journal, read, pray.

I was gone a long time. I worked pretty much non-stop while I was gone. I got to experience so much. I met a lot of people. I heard a lot of things that were challenging to me. There's a lot to process. :)

I slept in today. It was wonderful.
(Except for that I didn't get to call my parents as I had planned. Sorry, Mommy and Daddy!) After finally waking up and getting ready, I took a couple of hours today to spend some time alone before going into the office for a meeting. I've just skimmed the surface so far.

There are some immediate things that I have to do for work as follow ups from my trips. So, I'll go to work tomorrow and Thursday to complete those things.

Today was good. I was really glad that I got to spend a little time journaling. And, it was great getting to see my friends in the office again.

I'm hoping to take Friday off to finish catching up with myself (and also with my prayer and ministry partners!)

0 comments