Moving Again...

11/11/2009 01:55:00 AM | 0 comments »

I was supposed to stay at my friend, Catherine's, for the week.
Yesterday, however, I found out that the location of the conference I'm attending is over an hour and a half away.
So, I got a week's worth of clothing from the visitor's closet (Muriel's Closet), ironed it all, got some snacks, packed up my stuff last night and will move over to the conference center housing today. I'll stay there until the end of the conference.

On its own the commute isn't too bad. What makes it difficult to manage? The conference starts EARLY and ends LATE. Meaning...I'd have to go there EVEN EARLIER... and leave from there EVEN LATER. As much as I appreciate my friend's hospitality and enjoy staying at her place... better I stay nearby the conference itself.

What conference am I attending?
The Students Mission Conference! Over 200 students (young adults ages 18-25) will attend this conference where they will get to hear about missions and be challenged to participate themselves. It is one of the first EVER of this size in the country. EXCITING!!!

So, why am I attending?
Well, I'm not really attending. I'll be helping out one of the teams that is organizing this conference. I'll be helping them with taking some photos and working with some volunteers they have. Together we'll interview some of the student participants, speakers, local church leaders, and conference organizers for videos they will produce in the future.

Yay! Exciting!

Another exciting thing??? While I was at the store getting some snacks I found some Tim Tams. YUMMMY!!! Yes, I'm feeling better :)

0 comments