What People Must Think...

11/19/2009 08:24:00 PM | 0 comments »

Today was a work-out-of-the-office day. I enjoy days like this every once in a while. Sometimes it just helps me to be in a different environment. Sometimes it helps me to work away from everything and everyone so I can just focus and tune everything out but what I'm working on.

I had an appointment this morning over at another office that pretty much kept me busy until lunch time.
I went straight from my appointment over to the mall where I had lunch and did some work.
I have a whole list of things that I need to get to as a result of the trips that I just came back from.
It's the kind of list where I look at it and I'm not exactly sure where to start.

There are some things that are more important and critical. But, they also take a lot of brain power and more time. When I sat down to work today, I just couldn't get myself to start on anything that required ANY brain power. So, I decided to do some work on sorting through photos I took on the trip.

I opened up my folders of images and did some tossing of photos and some tweaking of photos.

I just enjoyed reliving my experiences as I looked through the photos. I laughed a little bit looking at the faces of the cute little kids. I thought about the words they tried to teach me to say and how they laughed at me when I'd say them. I got a little sad as I looked at the photo of the father and son -- and thought of how they are in the midst of a faith battle as the father goes through cancer treatment. I smiled as I looked at the group of siblings that came to the center for worship. I smiled bigger as I remembered when the young brother ran away from us and returned on a bike asking me to take a snap -- full shot -- of him and the bike. Sweet little moments that I got to relive as I opened up each photo.

I was sitting outside of the shop with my iPod buds in my ears and my peppermint mocha frappucino in hand. On the other side of the glass -- pretty much directly across from me -- there was a man eating his lunch. There were a couple of times when I noticed he was facing my way and it seemed like he was trying to figure me out.
Ha! I wonder what he thought I was up to as my facial expressions probably changed every minute or so.

A little bit of me wanted to turn my computer around and face it to him so that I could show off my new friends. But I didn't. He could care less.

I find it's one of the hard things about experiencing things alone. It's hard to try to share about those experiences with others in a way meaningful to me... AND to the those I'm sharing with. And to realize that likely no one will fully appreciate or care about all the details as I do...and that that's okay.

Still learning how to do it well. :)

0 comments