One of the things I've loved about Florida is having good friends and family nearby.


Of course all the dear friends I've made in Orlando over the last 5 years, but in addition to them... my brother and his family live in Tampa. And in Gainesville I have my aunt, uncle, cousin and her family, and my good friend from my college days.

One of the reasons I left work when I did was to make sure I had some time in Gainesville before I headed out of the state. This week has been such a good week. An aunt, uncle and cousin from Dallas, TX surprised us by coming into town this week also so it's been a fun family gathering. We've spent a lot of time eating and shopping -- our family's favorite pastimes.


We've also played a lot of Ninendo DS :)









We went to campus to see how things have changed, have some Burrito Brothers and to try and spot some alligators over at Lake Alice. We caught sight of a couple of eyes peeking out above the water, but that was all. There were lots of turtles though! (Do gators eat turtles?)

My nephew, Xander and my nieces, Jasmine and Julie-- they all three were born to be Gator fans :)








Friday I got to have lunch and spend the afternoon with my friend, Kristy, and her two kids -- Caleb and Cate. It was soo good to spend time with her -- in the same room! Her kids are so cute. It was fun spending the day with them.












0 comments