... another year older :)

Usually on my birthday I am very reflective. I contemplate life and what I've gone through in the year and think about what I want to see happen in the next year. Today wasn't like that at all. I think it was because I was pretty busy all day with class, running errands and such. And you know what? I think I'm okay with that.
I think living here in Waxhaw has helped me to relax about things a little bit :)

It's been a blessed day.


  • went to class and was sung happy birthday to... as much as I didn't want for people to know, it was really nice to "have a birthday"

  • heard special birthday greetings from dear family and friends on voicemail

  • talked to my sister and parents

  • got to listen to my nephew -- my sweet, sweet nephew -- sing happy birthday to me on my voicemail

  • had a fun birthday dinner at Marino's Pizza with some of the folks from ICC

  • ate some YUMMY Philly Cheesesteak stromboli

  • surprised by the Pubols with a Carvel Ice Cream!!!!!!

  • learned some French :) ... no, I don't need to learn French to go to the Philippines. We had a practice session with a "Language Resource Person" (LRP) to try out a language learning technique.

  • reminded that I am God's creation--I'm His... "You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created everything, and it is for your pleasure that they exist and were created." - Revelation 4:11

One bad thing from today...I woke up with a zit on my chin... isn't that supposed to stop at my age???!!! Okay...and another, I keep procrastinating working on my homework (hence my blogging right now! :)

0 comments