I'm here in Waxhaw for one month.
One whole month.
Without a TV.

There are some things I want to do while I'm here... (not in any particular order)

  1. Start going through Basic Tagalog study books
  2. Go through a devotional I've had on God's names - Lord, I Want to Know You (Kay Arthur)
  3. Pick up guitar again
  4. Start to exercise / eat well again!! -- REALLY!!!
  5. Relax!
  6. Get to know people here
  7. Journal / write
  8. Take lots of pictures
  9. Laugh
  10. Sit / play outside
  11. Visit local sites (mountains? lakes? -- what's here??)
  12. Communicate with friends and those on my ministry team
  13. Try to connect with churches in the Dallas area for my visit in September
  14. Work on a portfolio of materials to provide to churches
  15. Read - I brought a bunch of books with me that I want to read ...
  • Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister -- book by the same author as Wicked. This one is the Cinderella story from the stepsister's point of view
  • The Heavenly Man -- almost done just a few more chapters left. This is the unbelievable testimony of a Chinese brother. Amazing book if you've not read it. It's taking me long because I can only read so much at a time. It's powerful.
  • The History of Love -- don't know anything about this book. Just picked it up at Barnes and Nobles
  • From Bondage to Bonding - a book about escaping codependency and embracing Biblical love
  • A Room Called Remember - by Fredrick Buechner. I've not read anything by him before but everytime they quote him at church my heart resonates with what he says. I thought it was time I picked up something by him to read.

I think the number one thing on my list of things I want to do while I'm here is this... just be with the Lord. I want to just be in His presence. Hear Him. Sense Him. Be with Him. I feel like I've been running on auto-pilot lately. Things have been moving along and I've kind of just been going along with it all without even really realizing it. I want to be more present.

Tomorrow back to class. Good -- I'm ready :)

Happy Birthday tomorrow to my Daddy!!!

0 comments