ICC

8/10/2007 11:30:00 AM | 0 comments »

Intercultural Communications Course.

That's what brings me to the "middle of nowhere" North Carolina for the next month.
Actually, it really is a nice place. Lots of grass, trees - it's quite beautiful.

I drove into town around 5:30 pm.

It should be a fun month. Heather was my supervisor, the Director of Communications for Wycliffe USA. She is actually here going through the course also. I'm going through a similar process as she and her husband. They are hoping to go to Nairobi, Kenya this January. (That's us by the clocks in the department in Orlando. She's by the one for Nairobi and I'm by the one for Jakarta -- we didn't have one for Manila! :)

It's nice seeing familiar faces. I came into town with a sense of excitement -- I'm actually here, taking another next step. But also the sense of "dread." Meeting new people isn't always the most enjoyable thing for me. Getting to know people, sure. But, the meeting... it's just hard for me. So... I'm feeling hesitant. AND... still sorting through all the emotions of the fact that I'm not going to be in Florida anymore :(

I think since I have been living out of my bags for the last month I'm needing to have a feeling of having a place or home -- no matter how temporary. So, unlike how I normally am when I travel -- I unpacked everything and put things in drawers and in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. I don't know... it's just nice knowing that I'll be here for a while.

Time for bed. It's an early morning tomorrow.
For me anyway... it's been nice sleeping in this last week :)

OH! You might be curious to know where I'm staying during ICC.
Here's my home for the next month in Waxhaw, NC



The living / kitchen area... (with NO TV!!)


The bedroom / bathroom


Ok, probably don't need to see a picture of the toilet, but since I took one :)




0 comments