I can't believe I have completed one of my four weeks here. The week has gone fast. And it has been GOOD.

I'm glad to be here and I think my time will go quickly. More quickly than I'll want.

Things I like about being in Waxhaw / ICC:

  1. walking to class in the morning ... watching the sun rising over "Crystal Lake" while listening to "I Will Sing of My Redeemer," "Share the Well," or "All the Nations" (thanks, Ruth!)
  2. people saying hello and really greeting each other and actually engaging in conversation!!
  3. the sound of frogs? crickets? at night
  4. the authenticity and transparency of the staff here
  5. not having a TV (shock!) and mostly having quiet
  6. having the chance to learn how to go "off roading" (in two weeks!!)
  7. not having a lot of responsibilities (yes, I have a lot of homework and there are things I am working on personally... but it's different)
  8. having my eyes opened and being constantly challenged
  9. having my lunch hour outside
  10. hearing people's stories
This weekend:
  • Saturday Afternoon: "Gals outing" - lunch
  • Saturday Evening: Youth concert at the Filipino church and exploring the area near the church
  • Sunday Morning: church (probably followed by lunch)
  • Sunday Evening: ice cream party for one of the ICC kids who's turning 6!!!
  • Somewhere in the weekend: lots of homework, writing, laundry AND hopefully attending Northland's church service online :)

2 comments

  1. Ruth Hubbard // August 18, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

    Might you say that, considering my job description, I should require myself to attend ICC? I'm not sure if it's your description of the content of the training that is motivating me to this conclusion or your description of crickets and lakeside sunrise walks and "no responsibility."

  2. Aileen - Step In // August 19, 2007 at 12:22 PM  

    YES, Ruth. DEFINITELY YES! For both reasons :)