ICC: Day 1 - "sharpen me"

8/11/2007 11:54:00 AM | 0 comments »

Today was the first day of ICC - Intercultural Communications Course.

SIGH.

This day came so quickly. It felt like I didn't really have any time to "stop" before coming here. In reality, I had a week without work before I came here, but it was so activity-packed! All quite fun, but when will all the activity end?

I don't exactly know what to expect from this month of training. I think it will be incredibly valuable, challenging and eye-opening.

The main thing that I got from this first day was this -- "This, today, is where God wants me."

I will likely have to keep reminding myself of that. This course is not just something I need to do to check off my list, but God has a purpose for me being here at this time. There are things He desires for me to learn, to experience... I hope I do leave here changed, transformed -- the word used today-- sharpened.

0 comments