After 5 years...

8/02/2007 03:00:00 AM | 0 comments »

today I left Orlando.

For the past 5 years "The City Beautiful" has been my home. I've really come to love being an Orlando resident.
God brought me to Orlando. I came here in April 2002 to work as an employee with a ministry. Back then it was a job in ministry and honestly I saw it as a step to move me towards full-time ministry (what I thought then was Campus Ministry).

I'm leaving Orlando now ... getting ready to go overseas to serve the Bible translation movement. During this time God has given me a heart for this ministry. He has opened my eyes and my heart to the people around the world who don't have access to His Word in a language they know best.

And He has given me a heart for His body. During this time I've had the incredible privilege of working alongside truly beautiful people. As I've grown in appreciation of the unique ways that God has gifted and skilled each person... He's given me a heart too for seeing people plugged into their giftings and to fulfill the good works that He has prepared in advanced for them uniquely. I have loved the moments when I've seen my co-laborers get that surge of energy when they've been doing something that has made them sigh in delight. I have hurt for them when they've struggled through knowing if "this" is for them. And I've been grateful for the lessons and the ways they've grown along the way -- and how they've let me be a part of it with them.

I'll miss this group of people. Thankful that I'll get to continue to work with them -- from the otherside of the ocean.


I don't think that it's really sunk in that I'm not going back to work there anymore. In a way it just feels like I'm off for a trip and in a few weeks I'll drive up our street, park my car and walk into the office like any other day. But I won't.


My time in Orlando was definitely not without hard times and challenges. I was stretched - A LOT. I saw that my work-aholic tendencies was not just because of my old job... it's me. I saw how I really do care about what people think... approval addiction is hard to manage anytime, but I found it especially when you're a manager. I learned more about myself and I think I've become more aware when I'm in situations or in relationships what my tendencies can be. I think I've learned more about my gifts and abilities -- and I'm learning to appreciate them and be a good steward of those things.

Yes, there's always more to learn. But, I'm thankful for the time that God gave me to be there. To be stretched and to be grown in such a nurturing and fruitful environment.

...oh the growing and learning that's ahead!!

0 comments